Explore the Ocmulgee on a canoe or kayak, choosing from a relaxing two-hour float or an exciting half-day excursion.
- 2 hours (water time)
- Expect about 3 hours total for the whole trip
What To Bring
- Water shoes (or a pair of old sneakers)
- Towel (but you can leave that in your car)
- Kayak (Single)
The Full Moon Float is on hiatus this year because the moonrise is not cooperating. Please plan on enjoying the full moon in 2020 when this trip will return.
Full Moon Paddle Adventure
This unique float is scheduled around the moon cycle so that you get a delightful night on the Ocmulgee River. Make your way down the river under the full moon and enjoy this one-of-a-kind experience.
The boats are festooned with glow sticks so you and your friends can see the river and town in a new light on this float from Amerson River Park to the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail.
We haul you up to the put-in location and provide the gear necessary for a fun and safe trip.
Where Do We Meet?
Meet at the Spring Street Boat Ramp.
- Ziplock bag (or if you want to get fancy, a Dry Bag) to keep your keys/wallet/stuff dry; we can also keep your keys safe with us if you prefer
- Fishing gear
- A plastic poncho in case it rains
- Soft drinks
- A small cooler is fine, but please, no alcohol