One of our most popular trips! Experience the Ocmulgee under a full moon and be amazed.
Pope's Class I Adventure
What To Bring
- Sandals, Water shoes, or a pair of old sneakers (no flip-flops, please)
- Towel (but you can leave that in your car)
- Kayak (Single) One person max | maximum weight of 260lbs
- Tandem Kayak (Double) Two Person Max | Maximum weight of 400lbs
- Canoe (Double) Maximum weight of 500lbs
Enjoy the Ocmulgee as it transitions into the larger Coastal Plain form it assumes for the rest of its course from Macon on to its confluence with the Oconee to form the mighty Altamaha. The last notable shoals on the river will keep you on your toes as you travel the 10 miles of river from Popes Ferry in Monroe Co to the national award-winning Amerson River Park in Macon on this full day guided tour.