Food, Drink, and Paddling Rates Kayak (One Person Max | Maximum weight of 260lbs) – $65 Canoe (Two Person Max | Maximum weight of 700lbs) – $130 Duration 2 Hours
- Quick Float: 2 hours (water time)
- Half-Day Float: 6 hours (water time)
What To Bring
- Water shoes (or a pair of old sneakers)
- Towel (but you can leave that in your car)
The Best Float on the Ocmulgee River
If you want to tour the river on a canoe or kayak, we have two float trips to choose from that showcase the beauty of the river and provide lots of fun for everyone. See the woods and historic sites, or get a rush on the rapids.
The quick float, which lasts two hours, takes you on a relaxing tour of the woods and past the historic Riverside and Rose Hill cemeteries. The half-day adventure has the thrill of Class 1 rapids.
For either trip, you leave your car at the take out so it will be waiting for you when you finish and ride our shuttle to the put in.
We provide boats, paddles, and life jackets, making it easy and safe for you to have an awesome time on the Ocmulgee River!
Where Do We Meet?
- Meeting at the Spring Street Boat Ramp, we will haul you up the river on our bus for your two-hour float of the Ocmulgee.
- Meeting at the Amerson River Park – North Launch, we will haul you up the river on our bus for your five-seven hour float of the Ocmulgee.
- Optional Items to Bring
- Hat (ball cap or sun hat)
- Ziplock bag (or if you want to get fancy, a Dry Bag) to keep your keys/wallet/stuff dry; we can also keep your keys safe with us if you prefer
- Fishing gear
- A plastic poncho in case it rains
- Soft drinks
- A small cooler is fine, but please, no alcohol