One of our most popular trips! Experience the Ocmulgee under a full moon and be amazed.
Ocmulgee Float River Tours
- Max’s Favorite Float ( 2.5 hours water time)
- Far from the Madding Crowd (2.5 hours water time)
- Dames Ferry Adventure (4-6 hours water time)
What To Bring
- Water shoes (or a pair of old sneakers)
- Towel (but you can leave that in your car)
- Max’s Favorite Float
- Kayak (Single)
- Tandem Kayaks
- Canoe (Double)
- Far From the Madding Crowd Tour
- Kayak (Single) One person max | maximum weight of 260lbs
- Tandem Kayaks Two Person Max | Maximum weight of 400lbs
Our Classic River Trips
These are the trips that we love and have introduced hundreds to the fun of paddling the Ocmulgee River. They showcase the beauty of the river and provide lots of fun for everyone. Enjoy te beauty and calm found on Max’s Favorite Float or enjoy the thrill of easy shoals and spectacular solitude and beauty of the upper Ocmulgee on the Far from the Madding Crowd trip or the Dames Ferry Adventure.
We provide boats, paddles and life jackets, making it easy and safe for you to have an awesome time on the Ocmulgee River. Some of our trips are guided, while others are not. Guides are available for those who would like to book one for our unguided trips.
Where Do We Meet?
All trips start and end in Juliette at our shop at the Ocmulgee River Cabins. The address is 5539 Juliette Road in Juliette, Georgia. We have a small store and restrooms. Book a cabin overlooking the Ocmulgee and make a vacation of of it!
- Hat (ball cap or sun hat)
- Ziplock bag (or if you want to get fancy, a Dry Bag) to keep your keys/wallet/stuff dry; we can also keep your keys safe with us if you prefer
- Fishing gear
- A plastic poncho in case it rains
- Soft drinks
- A small cooler is fine, but please, no alcohol